Why there is an element of ‘insanity’ in the way 9 out of 10 companies approach innovation
According to Albert Einstein “the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”.
No doubt that definition applies perfectly to the way most companies approach innovation. They are using conventional thinking, conventional tools and conventional procedures… and still expect to come up with breakthrough innovation. Einstein calls it “insanity”. We call it the “Innovator’s Paradox”.
Look at the conventional innovation in your own company:
- all these low profile product or service upgrades
- infinite flankers and line extensions in any form or fashion
- simple brand transfers into established markets
- mere ‘follower innovations’: catching up with your competitor’s innovative moves
While such “conventional” innovation is important to keep your business running, it is unlikely to bring about exceptional business growth. Let us introduce you to a truly disruptive kind of innovation…one capable of giving you a uniquely “Impossible Advantage” in the competition. Hence the name of this blog and our accompanying book.
Whet your appetite for ‘Game Changing Innovation’ power
‘Game Changing’ is the most admired innovation concept in today’s business world: it is imbued with the power to transform your business without extraordinary resources.
- Game Changing Innovation can create instant growth opportunities for any company
- Game Changing Innovation can put you in a position to take control in the competition.
- Game Changing Innovation can liberate your company from massive competitive attack and point the way out of ruthless price wars
Sounds quite attractive, doesn’t it? But have you ever heard how ‘Game Changing’ innovation works? How you can find one for your own business? We’ll tell you in a minute…
How Game Changers achieve a truly “Impossible” competitive advantage – even in the most unlikely business situations
On this website and in our book “The Impossible Advantage” we’ll prove to you: A different kind of thinking about innovation can work miracles in the marketplace:
- A helpless airline on the brink of bankruptcy discovers a Game Changing Innovation and almost overnight is transformed into one of the most powerful players in the European airline industry. Impossible? Read our case study.
- One man, sitting alone at his desk, drafted a Game Changing Innovation that fundamentally changed the multi-billion dollar food industry for more than 20 years. Impossible? Read our case study.
- A new firm starting from almost zero enters the broadcast television sector with the help of a Game Changing Innovation and literally forces huge and powerful national players to play by the new, ‘just invented’ rules. This start-up went on against all odds to become the market leader. Impossible? Read our case study.
- A new player in the animal care market uses Game Changing Innovation to turn the tables on a seemingly invincible market leader who previously controlled over 80% of the market. Impossible? Read our case study.
- A premium player in the eyeglasses market uses a Game Changing Innovation to escape from a ruthless price war and create a Europe-wide craze for premium optical products. Impossible? Read our case study.
- A leading player in the pharmaceutical products business thought they had reached the natural limits of growth and market share. But then a Game Changing Innovation helped them to instantly tap into a million-patient new potential that had seemed before virtually impossible to conquer. Impossible? Read our case study.
- A global player in the logistics industry uses a Game Changing Innovation to renovate an ailing market that seemed on the edge of extinction. Impossible? Read our case study.
What is it that these extraordinarily diverse case histories have in common? Read the book and learn all about the crystal-clear blueprints behind innovation success. Start today and be the first to apply these lessons in your market.
A first study of the subject reveals the 4 universal ‘blueprints’ behind Game Changing Innovation – the result of 15 years of research
The authors Andreas Buchholz, Ned Wiley, and Wolfram Wördemann have gathered first-hand experience with the best innovating brains and teams at many of the world’s best-known companies:
American Express, Bayer, Citigroup, Danone/Dannon, IBM, Johnson&Johnson, Nestlé, Pfizer, Procter&Gamble, Siemens, T-Mobile, and many more.
Over 15 years, they deeply researched Game Changing Innovation in Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Pharmaceutical Products, Telecoms, Financial Services, Banking, Fashion, Trade, Energy, (New) Media, Technology, Chemical Industry, and others.
Their consulting projects took them from the U.S. via central Europe to Russia, Africa and Saudi-Arabia, discovering new approaches to innovation, new ideas, and new best practices in all of these very different markets.
And now, 15 years after setting out on this voyage of discovery, they publish for the first time the lessons they learned across all companies, all categories, and all countries. The authors reveal striking insights and an entirely different way of thinking about innovation.
The outcome is the four universal blueprints for Game Changing innovation that apply to all markets and categories in all geographies:
- Blueprint #1: How Game Changers redefine the measures of quality and performance
- Blueprint #2: How Game Changers reshape the market landscape
- Blueprint #3: How Game Changers restage the competitive confrontation
- Blueprint #4: How Game Changers re-invent the ‘Original Idea’ of their category
We will share with you the quintessential lessons about Game Changing Innovation:
- what the concept of Game Changing Innovation is all about
- how the four blueprints work – step by step
- the secret laws and principles that have never been published before
- the lessons learned from the world’s best companies
- the do’s and don’ts
- how to think the way notorious Game Changers do: like Steve Jobs, for instance
What makes ‘Game Changing’ today’s most admired innovation concept
While change is a constant in human history, it is clear today that never before has the pace of change been so fast. Businesses come and go. Today’s market leader is relegated to the scrap heap tomorrow. Yesterday’s hero is tomorrow’s has been. The game is changing everywhere we look with a speed never before experienced.
Now, here is a serious question which we like to ask business executives and entrepreneurs at all levels:
Is your company among the good or best ‘adapters’ in the fast changing marketplace? Or are you among the Game Changers that engage in creating the new market reality that others will have no choice but to accept?
Ultimately, the Game Changers will emerge as the ‘logical winners’ and even the best ‘adapters’ will turn out the ‘logical losers’.
The question of how to become a Game Changer is among the ‘fuzziest’ or most enigmatic in today’s business world. Until now, there has not been a lot of research on the subject. There’s very little material, even fewer lessons learned.
Get your copy of “The Impossible Advantage” today and find out everything about the compelling and intriguing four blueprints for Game Changing Innovation.
Before you get started: let’s burst the 5 most popular myths on Game Changing first!
Perhaps the most striking and most baffling thing about Game Changing Innovation is that any company can apply it any time. But it’s absolutely essential to get yourself into the right state of mind first. Let’s burst the 5 most popular myths about Game Changing Innovation:
1st Myth: Game Changing Innovation is invariably based on a technological breakthrough. Totally wrong!
2nd Myth: Game Changing Innovation requires huge financial investment to break through in the marketplace. Typical misconception!
3rd Myth: Game Changing Innovation only works for the market leader. – Nothing but a feeble excuse!
4th Myth: Game Changing Innovation inevitably carries a big risk of failing or even backfiring. – It’s actually safer to be the Game Changer than to leave Game Changing Innovation to your competitors.
5th Myth: Game Changing Innovation usually means abusing monopolistic market power. – This Myth is probably the most off-target of them all.
Forget the myths. Find out how to develop Game Changing Innovation and start first thing tomorrow. No matter how big or how small your company is. No matter how huge your market or how tiny your segment is. No matter what category you are in. No matter what the size of your marketing or R&D budgets. No more excuses!
Game Changing Innovation emerges from a different kind of thinking, one that anybody can learn and re-apply. It is no more than a mind-opening technique, a proven effective, step-by-step approach. That’s why it doesn’t take much more than a plain sheet of paper and a pen. And that’s why YOU can start developing your own Game Changing Innovation on Day ONE after reading the results of our research.
This blog, and the accompanying book, will help get you there.